Call For Editor
Application Deadline: 31st May 2020
The International Wood Products Journal is looking for a new Editor with an academic background in this field, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change.
About the journal
International Wood Products Journal is published on behalf of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining.
International Wood Products Journal publishes peer reviewed contributions on all aspects of wood science, engineering and technology, its processing and applications. The submission of original research papers, reviews and case studies is welcomed on any topic within this scope.
International Wood Products Journal aims to advance and encourage the scientific, technical, practical and general knowledge of timber and wood-based products.
Read the full aims and scope of the International Wood Products Journal here.
We are looking for a new Editor with an academic background in this field, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. They will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. There will also be regular board meetings, and annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system called Editorial Manager.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as the current Editor, Editorial Board Members, and T&F colleagues
Submitting your application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Edel Heslin, Materials Science Portfolio Manager, Taylor & Francis, [email protected]
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
The deadline for applications is 31st May, 2020. The role will begin ASAP.