Call for Editor
Application Deadline: 7 October 2019
About the Role
The Editor is the lead actor in the publication process; overseeing all editorial aspects. She or he demonstrates vision, leadership, and creativity. She or he agrees and establishes a mission for the Journal with Taylor & Francis – explicit in the Journal’s Aims & Scope – and then executes that mission through soliciting, commissioning, reviewing, and developing articles and other features of the highest quality, and ensuring these are delivered to Taylor & Francis in final and complete form, to agreed deadlines. The Editor will be supported in all her or his activities by Taylor & Francis, who will in turn coordinate the activities of in-house editorial, production, marketing, sales, and distribution staff. Editors have a critical role in the Journal’s success, and in partnership with Taylor & Francis, shape its future direction by identifying strategies to enhance its quality and reputation.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a CV and vision statement to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. The vision statement should be 1-2 pages in length and include:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
About the Journal
Women & Health is a standard reference for specialists in the field of health care for women, and is useful to researchers, policy planners, and all health care providers for women. The Journal covers findings from studies concerning health and illness and physical and psychological well-being of women, as well as the environmental, lifestyle, and sociocultural factors that are associated with health and disease, which have implications for prevention, early detection and treatment, limitation of disability, and rehabilitation.