Join the Conversation!
Share your research with Women & Criminal Justice
Deadline: 1 May 2019
Special Issue Call for Papers
International Law, Criminal Justice and Women
This special issue of Women and Criminal Justice is devoted to the dissemination of contemporary information about women and criminal justice across the globe. The issue will include policy, legal and research findings about women as offenders or victims. Papers should be a very short analysis (5-10 pages in length) of the current law, policy, program or issue facing women and girls in a particular country or region. Authors may submit both an English submission and a translation of it in the official language of the nation(s) discussed.
Women & Criminal Justice, the only periodical devoted to scholarly interdisciplinary, global research on all concerns related to women and criminal justice, is now accepting manuscripts for a special issue: International law, criminal justice and women. This special issue will be published in 2020.
Paper topics may include but are not limited to:
- Female crime and offending
- Gender and sentencing
- Female victimization
- Gender and law enforcement
- Legal reform efforts to respond to gender inequities in the criminal justice system
- Gender and criminal justice employment
- Human rights violations against women/girls
- New legislation on gender
- International gendered responses to female crime or victimization
- Female re-entry programs
- Other areas of concern to women and criminal justice on a global level
Please send an email to Dr. France Bernat to indicate your interest along with: Title, author information and contact information, and a brief summary of your proposed paper.
Completed papers can be submitted directly to the WCJ portal with a letter indicating interest in the special issue.
- Dr. Frances Bernat
- Dylan Pelletier
- Melinda Downie