Marriage & Family Review is seeking applications for the Editor-in-Chief position. The Editor-in-Chief will begin their appointment as the Associate Editor for MFR for a period of approximately 4-6 months prior to transitioning to the Editor-in-Chief role. As Associate Editor, the selected applicant will work closely with the current Editor-in-Chief to learn the role and processes of leading Marriage & Family Review and is expected to actively engage with the current Editor-in-Chief to transition into that role. The appointment to Associate Editor will occur as early as July 1, 2020. The Associate Editor will fully assume the Editor-in-Chief role on January 1, 2021 with a multi-year appointment.
Questions about the position and applications for the Editor-in-Chief position can be emailed to the Portfolio Manager of the journal at Taylor & Francis, Anna Harp, at [email protected]. Applicants are required to submit a CV and a statement of interest that includes their vision for the journal. All materials should be submitted by May 31, 2020. For more information about Marriage & Family Review please go to www.tandfonline.com/wmfr.
The Editor-in-Chief has primary responsibility for all editorial functions of the journal including:
- The review of all manuscripts including decisions of fit, selection of reviewers, and decisions of acceptance.
- Communicating with authors and reviewers as needed regarding substantive manuscript content and review questions.
- Ensuring consistency in publication standards across accepted manuscripts.
- Developing and implementing strategies to ensuring continual manuscript flow in order to achieve Taylor & Francis publication targets.
- Adherence to industry publication standards and protocols (e.g. COPE guidelines), publication policies of Taylor & Francis and related federal and international guidelines.
- Review of all manuscript proof copies in the CATS system.
- Recommendation of new and renewal Editorial Board member appointments.
- Communicating and working with Taylor & Francis editorial and production staff in regard to issues of review procedures and guidelines, journal production management timelines and procedures, standardized Taylor & Francis journal content and guidelines (i.e. mission & scope), journal marketing, and other industry related issues such as Impact Factor ratings, open access, etc.
Marriage & Family Review publishes a mix of open submission articles as well as thematic issues that bring together the most current research, practice, advances in theory development, and applications of knowledge on a particular topic in the field of family studies.