Call for Editor
Activities, Adaptation & Aging
About the role
Activities, Adaptation & Aging is looking for a new Editor/Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in gerontology, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. Activities, Adaptation & Aging is the working tool for activity directors and all health care professionals concerned with enhancing the lives of the aged, and its Editor will lead the journal in disseminating timely and useful research, case studies, and program evaluations. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He or she will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the out-going Editor to ensure seamless transition.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Taylor & Francis will also organise regular board meetings, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system, Editorial Manager.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application.
The role will formally begin from 1st January.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to [email protected] Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
How you would work with authors
Activities, Adaptation, & Aging is the working tool for activity directors and all health care professionals concerned with the enhancement of the lives of the aged. Established as the primary journal for activity professionals, Activities, Adaptation & Aging provides a professional outlet for research regarding the therapeutic implications of activities on quality-of-life issues and overall life satisfaction for the elderly.