Call for Editorial Board Members
About the role
The mission of Behavioral Medicine is to foster and promote the exchange of knowledge and the advancement of theory in the field of behavioral medicine, including understandings of disease prevention, health promotion, health disparities, identification of health risk factors, and interventions designed to reduce health risks, ameliorate health disparities, and enhance all aspects of health.
The journal seeks to advance knowledge and theory in these domains in all segments of the population and across the lifespan, in local, national, and global contexts, and with an emphasis on the synergies that exist between biological, psychological, psychosocial, and structural factors as they related to these areas of study and across health states.
Behavioral Medicine publishes original empirical research studies, as well as clinical/case studies, systematic review articles, brief reports, and responses to articles previously published in our journal.
The role of our Editorial Advisory Board members is to support the peer review process, working closely with the Editor in Chief and Associate Editors to provide timely reviews of papers in your fields of expertise. In addition to this, our Editorial Advisory Board act as ambassadors for the journal by promoting content and engaging with the journal’s reader and author community. Becoming part of the editorial team of a journal is both a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Submitting your Application
Successful candidates will be expected to champion the journal and help us to maintain and improve the journal’s standards and quality by:
- Review papers when invited by Associate Editors, and handle these promptly to ensure fast turnaround times
- Suggest referees for papers that you are unable to review yourself
- Suggest special issues, emerging topics of interest, and topics for review articles
- Encourage colleagues and peers to submit high quality manuscripts to the Journal
- Participating in Editorial Board meetings when possible
- Increase awareness of the articles published in the journal in all relevant communities and amongst colleagues, through professional social networks
To support the research published in our journal, we are particularly interested in editors with expertise in:
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other substance use
- Adolescent and childhood health
- Cardiovascular disease
- Global health
- Health behavior
- Health care access and utilization
- Health disparities
- Health promotion
- Health psychology
- Human trafficking
- Intimate partner violence
- Men’s health
- Mental health
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- Rural health
- Sexual and gender minority health
- Sexual health and behavior
- Social determinants of health
- Urban health
- Women’s health
If you are interested in serving on our Editorial Board, please email your CV and a cover letter explaining your relevant skills, subject area, experience and motivations to our Student Assistant Editor, Nick Acuna, at [email protected] with the subject of ‘Behavioral Medicine- Editorial Advisory Board Application’.
Behavioral Medicine is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal, which fosters and promotes the exchange of knowledge and the advancement of theory in the field of behavioral medicine, including but not limited to understandings of disease prevention, health promotion, health disparities, identification of health risk factors, and interventions designed to reduce health risks, ameliorate health disparities, enhancing all aspects of health.