Call for Editor-in-Chief
Application Deadline: December 16, 2019
About the Role
Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity: The Journal of Treatment and Prevention is seeking applicants for its Editor-in-Chief position. As one of the only journals exclusively devoted to clinical and scientific study of problematic sexual behaviors, the journal is widely represented in electronic subscriptions by academic institutions. The journal is read by scientists and practitioners from a wide range of sexual health professions including public health, mental health, nursing, criminal justice, educators, and medicine. It also serves as the official journal of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH).
SASH is seeking an Editor-in-Chief to lead the journal through a transformational process in which the scope, aims, and branding of the journal will evolve to better capture diverse empirical and clinical thought on critical topics related to problematic sexual behavior. The incoming editor will have an exciting opportunity to guide this conversation and transition to the future.
Editorial Responsibilities include:
- Recruiting authors/articles for 4 quarterly issues of the journal
- Assigning articles for peer review
- Recruiting members to the journal editorial board
- Content and format editing of submitted articles
- Working with the publisher to ensure deadlines and page counts
- Holding one editorial board meeting per year at the SASH annual conference
- Recruiting guest editors for special editions
- Ensuring ethical standards are met for all submissions
- Serving as an ex-officio member of the SASH board of directors
The Editor-in-Chief should hold an advanced degree including, but not limited to a PhD, PsyD, MD or doctoral degree in any specialty related to sexual health and behaviors. The editor should have significant experience publishing and/or editing peer reviewed scientific journal articles in the field of sexual health.
How to Apply/Application Details
- Applications include a 1 page statement of interest and CV to email@example.com.
- The deadline for applications is December 16, 2019.
About the Journal
Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity: The Journal of Treatment and Prevention is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal that provides a forum for empirical research and clinical practice. As the source for information in the evolving topic of problematic sexual behavior, the journal provides an outlet for empirical research as well as useful and innovative information for intervention and treatment from the necessary multidisciplinary perspective.
Conceptual issues regarding problematic sexual behavior (e.g., impulsivity, offense behavior, addiction, compulsivity, sexual health) are explored, as well as treatment considerations, underlining challenges in public policy and prevention, and criteria for diagnosis and reimbursement.
The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting an integrative approach to sexual health research, education and intervention that addresses the full spectrum, from problematic attitudes and behaviors to the pursuit of fulfilment, freedom and pleasure.