Applications are being sought for the Editorship of Action in Teacher Education (ACTION). ACTION is the official journal of the Association of Teacher Educators and serves as a forum for the scholarly exchange of ideas and research related to the improvement of teacher education at all levels. ACTION is published quarterly by Taylor and Francis.
Recognized scholars in teacher education are sought who are interested in promoting high-quality scholarship within the journal, who possess strong managerial and organizational skills, and who are willing to serve a three-year term as Editor.
Deadline: December 31, 2020
- Editing experience, e.g., assistant or associate editor, guest editor, and reviewer for national and international publications;
- Organizational and communication skills;
- Resources and sufficient time to edit four issues per year;
- Guaranteed institutional support, including access to staff and resource assistance;
- Significant publication record; and
- Active member of ATE for at least three years.
Guidelines for Submitting Applications
Applications for the Editorship of ACTION should address the key questions identified below. The Professional Journal Committee and Association of Teacher Educators Board of Directors must have a clear understanding of the resources and interest within your institution that will be available to host the editorship of ACTION.
Proposals for the Editorship of ACTION must include the following materials:
- Letter of interest
- Prospective editorial strategy that addresses the key questions
- Statement of support from an administrator (department chair or dean) of the applicant’s host institution or organization
- Current curriculum vitae for each member of the editorial team
- What is your vision for Action in Teacher Education and how will you fulfill it?
- Who are the proposed editor and associate editors? What is your level of editorial experience?
- What qualities make your institution a strong candidate to host the editorship of Action in Teacher Education?
- What types of institutional support will be offered to the editor and associate editor?
Please send all inquiries and applications via e-mail (application attachments) to both of the following contacts / Co-Chairs of the ATE Professional Journal Committee:
Cheryl A. Torrez, Ph.D.
Department of Teacher Education, Educational Leadership and Policy
The University of New Mexico
MSC 05 3040
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
- and -
Cindy Watson, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer/Master Teacher
Teach North Texas
University of North Texas
Denton, TX 75203-5017
The deadline for submission of complete applications is December 31, 2020. Applications should be sent as an e-mail attachment Dr. Cheryl A. Torrez and Dr. Cindy Watson. The Professional Journal Committee will review the applications, interview finalists, and make a recommendation to the ATE Board of Directors at the annual ATE conference in Anaheim, California (February 13-17, 2021).
Action in Teacher Education is published as a service to members of the Association of Teacher Educators and others concerned with teacher education. It serves as a forum for the exchange of information and ideas related to the improvement of teacher education at all levels. Articles focus upon concepts, practices and research which have implications and applicability for practitioners involved with teacher education.