Associate Editors Required
Applied Artificial Intelligence
About the Role
Applied Artificial Intelligence are seeking Associate Editors who have an outstanding track record of research or scholarship in Artificial Intelligence and the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, but one that is achievable and extremely rewarding. It is a fulfilling experience where you as one of the Associate Editors will support the Editor in Chief to promote the research you are passionate about and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community. You will assist the Editor in Chief with the peer-review process for submitted manuscripts, promote the journal to your networks and regions, as well as help to advise on the strategic direction of the journal. Working collaboratively with the Editor in Chief, Editorial Board and the Publisher, the successful candidate will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Soliciting, receiving, and processing new contributions to the journal through the peer review system, ensuring that all reviewers and authors uphold our Editorial Policies
- Encouraging the submission of manuscripts from both established researchers in the field and promising early career researchers.
- Review and expand the pool of reviewers as necessary, in terms of size, topic specialty, and geographical representation
- Acting as spokesperson for the Journal in public forums, meetings, and conferences
- Developing and maintaining beneficial links with other journals and associated organizations
- Assuring that the integrity and reputation of the journal is maintained at all times, by adhering to the publishing ethics outlined in our Code of Conduct (https://editorresources.taylorandfrancis.com/welcome-to-tf/policies-guidelines/editor-code-of-conduct/).
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong interpersonal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues
- A history of previous publications and experience as a reviewer for journals
- Previous editorial experience, which could include membership of a journal editorial board or acting as a special issue guest editor
- Experience using online submission systems
- The successful candidate must be able to assess the scientific merit of research papers
If you would like to apply for the position, please forward your CV and a cover letter to Portfolio Manager, Ishtiaque Shams at [email protected] by 30 April 2021.
We may invite you to an interview if you are shortlisted.
Focuses on research on artificial intelligence, including applications to solve engineering, administration and education tasks, and evaluations of AI systems.