Call For Editor-in-Chief
Application Deadline: 18 October 2019
Would you like to be the EDITOR-IN-CHIEF of WELDING INTERNATIONAL?
WELDING INTERNATIONAL currently provides comprehensive English translations of complete articles, selected from major international welding journals. The journal is well-established and widely respected, and the translators are carefully chosen. The articles cover research techniques, equipment and process developments, applications and material, and are not available elsewhere in English. From 2019, the journal will be accepting submissions and will publish peer-reviewed original content.
We are looking for a new Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in welding science, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, but one that is achievable within a working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the editorial vision and strategy of the journal in addition to peer-review oversight and translated content curation. He/she will work with translators and will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review. The Editor-in-Chief will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. Additionally, the Editor-in-Chief will be responsible for developing an international editorial board and pool of reviewers to support the journal.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover journal-related expenses and will supply an annual report reflecting the performance of the Journal. The Journal will utilize an online peer-review and manuscript tracking system.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
The role will formally begin from mid-November 2019.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of EDITOR-IN-CHIEF please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Qian Jiao, Portfolio Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would develop and maintain an editorial board for the journal
- How you would generate initial submissions and increase the quality over time
- How you would work with authors