Could you be the next Editor-in-Chief of TRANSPORT REVIEWS?
Transport Reviews is a leading international peer-reviewed journal published by Routledge. It covers all aspects of transport and provides authoritative and up-to-date research-based reviews that are accessible to a wide ranging readership.
Transport Reviews encourages submissions from all disciplinary perspectives (e.g. economics or engineering), all relevant subject areas (e.g. social issues or environment), and all methodological approaches (e.g. modelling, qualitative approaches or mixed-methods). The journal is ranked highly in the Transport category of Journal Citation Reports.
We are looking for a new Editor-in-Chief with an academic background in the Social Sciences, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward and further develop its position as one of the leading academic Transport Journals. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. They will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the out-going Editor-in-Chief to ensure seamless transition.
Routledge will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Routledge will also participate in regular board meetings, supplying annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the international research community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- This position may be available as a co-editorship – please note your interest in this in your application.
The role will formally begin in December 2020, but this is negotiable and it is expected there will be a transition period.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Sarah Bird ([email protected]) and David Banister ([email protected]ce.ox.ac.uk) before the closing date (31 July 2020). Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- Your strategic vision for the future direction of the journal
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would identify, engage and work with authors
Transport Reviews is an international review journal covering all aspects of transport. It provides authoritative and up to date research-based reviews of transport related topics that are informative to those that are knowledgeable in the subject area. It also provides a means by which experts from different backgrounds can find out about the subject area, so the papers should be accessible to a wide ranging readership.