Special Issue on Transformative Learning
Call for Papers
Reflection and critical reflection are immensely important practices for transformative learning. Reflective practices continue to be an area of active research, scholarship and practice for the transformative learning community. Examples of recent work include reflective practices across time and space, reflective practices to extend transformative learning to learning organizations, communities of practice and learning cities.
To recognized and encourage this important work, we are pleased to announce a Special Issue of Reflective Practice: International and Multidisciplinary Perspectives that will be focused on Transformative Learning.
Reflective Practice: International and Multidisciplinary Perspectives publishes original, challenging and stimulating work which explores reflection within and on practice, as an individual and collective activity, that concerns personal knowing and transformation, collective regeneration and political activism, reflection and voice, values, negotiated meaning, identity and community.
The goal of the Special Issue is to showcase important work from research, theory and practice that has been presented at recent transformative learning conferences that advance reflective practices in a systemic manner to transform human capacity to positively impact contemporary challenges. We are inviting authors who presented at the recent transformative learning conferences to submit papers for the Special Issue per the timeline described below. Please note that if we do not have enough quality papers to justify a special issue then accepted papers will be published in regular issues of the journal.
Submission guidelines can be found here.
We will follow the timeline below:
- February 15, 2020: Deadline for abstracts/proposals from authors – 800-1,000 words
- March 31, 2020: Decision on abstracts/proposals communicated to authors
- July 31, 2020: Deadline for submission of full manuscripts
- October 15, 2020: First review feedback communicated to authors
- December 31, 2020: Submission of revised manuscripts by authors
- February 15, 2021: Second/final review decisions communicated to authors
- March 31, 2021: Special Issue papers sent to production for publication
- Expected publication June 2021.