Call for Associate Editor
About the Journal
Physical Geography disseminates significant research in the environmental sciences, including research that integrates environmental processes and human activities. It publishes original papers devoted to research in climatology, geomorphology, hydrology, biogeography, soil science, human-environment interactions, and research methods in physical geography, and welcomes original contributions on topics at the intersection of two or more of these categories.
About the Role:
Associate Editor responsibilities will include:
- Taking editorial responsibility for research articles through the stages of desk reject, identifying and recruiting appropriate referees, oversee the peer review process of submissions assigned, and recommendation to publish (made to the Editors-in-Chief);
- Providing advice on problematic articles as needed;
- Encourage high quality research articles and contributions within the remit of the journal;
- Liaise with EiCs on editorial direction and coverage, contribute to innovations designed to develop the journal and increase its impact and reach;
- Attending regular editorial meetings;
Applicants should have a background of academic publication in the field of climatology, climate variability and change, excellent writing and editing skills, good management skills, and ideally have some previous editorial experience.
A candidate fluent in English language is expected, as the Associate Editors selected will handle papers submitted to the journal in English.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter outlining their interest to the following address: Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated as confidential, and applicants will be judged on background, skill and experience.
Applications should be submitted by March 1, 2020.
Physical Geography disseminates significant research in the environmental sciences, including research that integrates environmental processes and human activities