Call for Associate Editors
New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science
Deadline: 11th December 2020
New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science is currently seeking energetic, qualified and committed researchers at any career stage to join the editorial team as Associate Editors.
The New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science is an international, peer-reviewed journal. It publishes scientific articles on all aspects of production, protection, handling, and processing of crop and horticultural products of relevance to the Australasian region. It is an official journal of Royal Society Te Apārangi published quarterly in partnership with Taylor & Francis. To help us to build on the success of this journal and respond to the increasing number of submissions from across the globe, we are looking for multiple dynamic researchers to join New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science’s editorial team.
Candidates should be active, publishing researchers and well-connected, both within your home country and beyond, although prior editorial experience is not required. We seek for our journal editors to represent the diversity of crop and horticultural researchers, so we will consider candidates at any level of career stage and particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority.
Candidates should bring to the journal expertise in one of the following topic areas:
Biotechnology, entomology, plant nutrition, breeding, pathology, indoor and urban horticulture, postharvest physiology, agronomy and soil science, viticulture, biosecurity, new crop and horticultural products, and descriptions of new cultivar releases
The responsibilities for Associate Editor include:
- Manage the peer-review process for approximately 5 manuscripts per year in a fair, timely, and thorough way;
- Handle and assess papers outside your immediate research field when needed;
- Identify themes for special issues which you might also help to organise and/or guest-edit;
- Attract new authors and submissions;
- Submit some of your own work for consideration;
- Advise on journal policy and scope;
- Act as advisor in the case of complex publishing ethics discussions when needed;
- Promote the journal to peers and colleagues and represent the journal at conferences.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- An excellent track record of peer-reviewed publications (considered in relation to career stage);
- A good network of contacts within relevant fields in your region and overseas;
- Research experience in crop and horticultural science with a doctorate degree;
- Interest in digital communication and publishing trends;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a CV and a one-page cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills, knowledge, and background would contribute to the journal.
Please send your application by email to [email protected].
The editorial team is committed to advancing gender equality and promoting diversity.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until 11th December; therefore early applications are encouraged.