Welcoming your research!
Contribute to Tissue Barriers
Call for Papers
Tissue Barriers is the first international interdisciplinary journal that focuses on the architecture, biological roles and regulation of tissue barriers and intercellular junctions. We publish high quality peer-reviewed articles that cover a wide range of topics including structure and functions of the diverse and complex tissue barriers that occur across tissue and cell types, including the molecular composition and dynamics of polarized cell junctions and cell-cell interactions during normal homeostasis, injury and disease state. Tissue barrier formation in regenerative medicine and restoration of tissue and organ function is also of interest.
Tissue Barriers publishes several categories of articles including: Original Research Papers, Short Communications, Technical Papers, Reviews, Perspectives and Commentaries, Hypothesis and Meeting Reports. Reviews and Perspectives/Commentaries will typically be invited. We also anticipate to publish special issues that are devoted to rapidly developing or controversial areas of research. Suggestions for topics are welcome.
Tissue Barriers objectives:
- Promote interdisciplinary awareness and collaboration between researchers working with epithelial, epidermal and endothelial barriers and to build a broad and cohesive worldwide community of scientists interesting in this exciting field.
- Comprehend the enormous complexity of tissue barriers and map cross-talks and interactions between their different cellular and non-cellular components.
- Highlight the roles of tissue barrier dysfunctions in human diseases.
- Promote understanding and strategies for restoration of tissue barrier formation and function in regenerative medicine.
- Accelerate a search for pharmacological enhancers of tissue barriers as potential therapeutic agents.
- Understand and optimize drug delivery across epithelial and endothelial barriers.
You will benefit from publishing in Tissue Barriers by:
- Gain recognition from an international audience and increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Receive guidance from the prestigious and experienced members of our international Editorial Board throughout the submissions process
- Receive 50 free e-prints & promotional tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Services site
- Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community by tracking downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
- Increase the discoverability of your research with Medline, Scopus listings and more