The Neurodiagnostic Journal
The journal is an essential educational resource for neurodiagnostic technology professionals, a vehicle for introducing new techniques and innovative technologies, and an avenue for sharing best practices within the neurodiagnostic profession.
The core strength of ASET is the talent and experience of its members; the editorial board seeks to showcase that strength in each issue of The Neurodiagnostic Journal. Therefore, we invite your input, participation, and contribution to the journal so we can continue to provide an invaluable educational resource for our professional community.
Particular consideration will be given to:
- Review articles on epilepsies and syndromes, pediatric and neonatology, as well as adult.
- Case reports in intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring, epilepsy syndromes, patient care and quality assurance measures, and neurological diseases in which neurodiagnostic techniques were vital diagnostic tools.
- Waveform windows: Interesting or unique waveforms produced in a neurodiagnostic test with a short 1-2 page description of the significance of the waveform or pattern, or of the patient’s history and/or diagnosis.
- Best practice ideas and recommendations to improve neurodiagnostic techniques for better quality recordings, and to improve patient safety and diagnosis.
Benefits to publishing with The Neurodiagnostic Journal
- The Neurodiagnostic Journal awards up to four free ASET Continuing Education Units for each technologist author per publication.
- Neurodiagnostic technology students who are a first-author on a paper accepted to the journal for publication are automatically nominated for the annual Janet Ghigo Award. Award winners are recognized at the ASET Annual Conference and with a full-page ad in the December journal issue.
- Technologists authors who are a first-author on a paper accepted to the journal for publication are automatically nominated for the prestigious Maureen Berkeley Award. Award winners are recognized at the ASET Annual Conference and with a full-page ad in the December journal issue.
- There are no publising fees.
- Once the article is accepted, it will be published within the next production cycle.
- Track downloads, citations and Altmetric data for their article through My Authored Works.
- Receive 50 free ePrints to share with their colleagues or network.
- Articles are published online before print; The Neurodiagnostic Journal is printed quarterly
- ASET members of over 6,000 neurodiagnostic professionals and institutions read the journal and receive online access to archived issues on a complimentary basis as part of their annual membership dues.
- Increase the discoverability of your research with indexing in: Adis International Ltd.; EBSCOhost products; Elsevier BV; Elsevier EMBASE; Elsevier Compendex; E-psyche; PubMed; Ovid: PsycINFO; ProQuest; and VINTTI RAN: Referativnyi Zhurnal.