Call for Editor-in-Chief
Taylor & Francis are looking to recruit an Editor-in-Chief for Geodinamica Acta.
This peer-reviewed, open access journal prompts and promotes discussion across the disciplines that work on the dynamics of the lithosphere and hydrosphere. Topics in all fields of earth sciences are encouraged, brought together by a focus on Earth's internal and external geodynamics.
We are seeking an outstanding academic researcher with an international reputation for research excellence, a passion for communication, a native speaker level in English language and ideally prior editorial experience for a scientific journal. They will have the opportunity to work with Taylor & Francis to help shape the future direction of Geodinamica Acta, by identifying strategies to enhance its quality and reputation.
Working collaboratively with the Editorial Board and the Publisher, the successful candidate(s) will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing the content and quality of Geodinamica Acta
- Encouraging the submission of manuscripts from both established researchers in the field and promising early career researchers
- Soliciting, receiving, and processing new contributions to the journal through the peer review process, ensuring that all reviewers and authors uphold the journal’s code of publishing ethics.
- Providing input on all aspects of submissions from initial vetting of manuscripts to article selections for each issue
- Review and expand the pool of reviewers as necessary, in terms of size, topic specialty, and geographical representation
- Implementing improvements to the overall editorial structure of Geodinamica Acta and interacting with associate editors and board members for receipt of reviews, recommendations, decisions, etc.
- Chairing and directing editorial board meetings held annually
- Making periodic assessments of the editorial board and recommending changes when appropriate
- Acting as spokesperson for Geodinamica Acta in public forums, meetings and conferences
- Developing and maintaining beneficial links with the communities and associated organizations
- To assure that the integrity and reputation of the journal is maintained at all times, Editors are expected to adhere to the publishing ethics outlined in COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making. They will have the authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the journal's Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the out-going Editor-in-Chief(s) to ensure seamless transition, and we will provide the incoming Editor with peer review administration support.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses, full peer review administration training, and administrative support. Taylor & Francis will organize regular board meetings and will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the journal.
Interested in applying? Here’s what we’re looking for in the successful applicant(s):
- Active in the community, with strong networks
- Confidence, and the ability to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues
- A published author and prior experience as a reviewer
- Previous editorial experience, which could include membership of a journal editorial board or acting as a special issue guest editor
- Experience of using online submission systems
- Knowledge of Open Access and passionate to promote its implementation
- The successful candidate(s) must be able to assess the scientific merit of research papers, provide editorial direction, and stay abreast of and discuss scientific developments at a high level with academics and practitioners during travel to conferences.
Interested candidates are requested to email a CV, covering letter, and a short vision statement addressing the journal’s potential future development to the Portfolio Manager at Taylor & Francis, Maggie.email@example.com, by 31 May 2020.
All applications will be treated as confidential, and applicants will be judged on background, skill and experience.
Geodinamica Acta is an Open Access international, peer-reviewed journal publishing high-quality, original research. It prompts and promotes discussion across the disciplines that work on the dynamics of the lithosphere and hydrosphere. Topics in all fields of earth sciences are encouraged, brought together by a focus on Earth's internal and external geodynamics. 2018 Impact Factor: 1.333.