TFO Article Purchase Survey Prize Draw
Online Prize Draw Rules
- Introduction: Informa UK Ltd, trading as Taylor & Francis Group, of 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG (“Sponsor”) is offering the Online Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating as an entrant in the Prize Draw, you (“you” or “Entrant”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Prize Draw rules (“Rules”), and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as they relate to the Prize Draw.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in their state of residence. Employees of Sponsor, its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and employees’ immediate family/household members (parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
- Start/End Dates: The Prize Draw begins at 12:00:01 a.m. [GMT/BST] on Wednesday, 5th May 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. [GMT/BST] on Monday, 24th May 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries for a Promotion Period must be received prior to the end time and date stated above for such Promotion Period. In the event the Prize Draw consists of multiple Promotion Periods, entries submitted past the expiration of the applicable Promotion Period will be accepted for the subsequent Promotion Period, so long as it is not the final Promotion Period of that Prize Draw. If an entry is submitted past the expiration of the final Promotion Period of any Prize Draw, then the entry will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
- How to Enter: For each Promotion Period, the Prize Draw must be entered in the following way:
- Online: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete a survey (“Survey”). After you complete the Survey, you will receive one (1) entry for the applicable Promotion Period.
Regardless of the method of entry:
You may enter only one (1) time per Promotion Period. More one (1) entry from any person, email address, or social media account per Promotion Period will void all entries from that potential entrant during that Promotion Period. An entry is “received” at the time Sponsor receives the completed Survey or entry email, as applicable, and it contains all required information. A copy of a message in the Entrant’s “sent” folder or other claimed proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. A “valid” email address is one belonging to a real person age 18 or older, whom you know personally, and for which Sponsor does not receive a bounce-back or rejection from the server.
No automated entry devices or programs permitted. Entries that are not received during the Promotion Period, are incomplete, or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Drawing: At the end of each Promotion Period, one (1) winner(s) (each a “Winner”) will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during that Promotion Period. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Prize Draw. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email for each Promotion Period within approximately seven (7) days of the end of the specified Promotion Period and after Winner responds, the Prize (as defined below) will be delivered to Winner at the physical, email address, or social media messaging account provided by Winner, as applicable. Each Entrant selected as a Winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon such compliance.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The following prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded:
One (1) Amazon voucher to the value of £100/$100/€100 (this will be your local currency).
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of award. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by Winner, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute, in its sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Prizes are not redeemable by Winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of Winner. Each Entrant hereby irrevocably waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such prize, if any, and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such prize. If applicable, prizes will only be delivered to United States addresses.
- Notification: If Winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, if Prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, if Winner rejects the Prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Rules (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon such Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Rights Granted; Release: By participating in the Prize Draw, Entrant grants Sponsor permission to use Winner’s name, picture, likeness (and to photograph Winner), any material submitted or posted by Entrant as part of entry, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Except where prohibited, a selected potential Winner may be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) within seven (7) days of receiving the Affidavit and Release. Entrants and Winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, or participation in Prize Draw or any Prize Draw-related activity, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any Prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- General. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. A potential winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that such person is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Prize Draw, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw. Sponsor is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Prize Draw, nor is Sponsor responsible if Prize Draw cannot take place or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Prize Draw or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Prize Draw by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify these Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law.
- Disputes. THIS PRIZE DRAW IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ENGLAND AND WALES, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Prize Draw shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located England, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PRIZE DRAW MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- List of Winners/Rules. The Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Rules can be obtained by sending your request by email to [email protected] within 31 of days of the date of the closing date of the Prize draw.
- Sponsor. Informa UK Ltd, trading as Taylor & Francis Group, of 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Amazon.