Call for Editor-in-Chief
CyTA: Journal of Food
About the Role
Taylor & Francis are seeking to recruit an Editor-in-Chief for CyTA: Journal of Food, a fully Open Access Food Science & Technology journal. We are seeking a well-established academic with an international reputation for excellence in research, a true passion for communication, high-level English language proficiency, and prior editorial experience working for an Open Access scientific journal.
Editorship of CyTA will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to actively shape the future direction of the journal, not least by identifying and implementing strategies to enhance the journal’s reputation, quality, and impact. The Editor-in-Chief will also be able to serve as a champion for Open Science, including but not limited to advocacy for FAIR Data Sharing principles.
Working collaboratively with the Section Editors, Editorial Board, and the Publisher, the Editor’s responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the editorial development and strategic progress of CyTA.
- Leading the team of Editors who manage the journal’s subject Sections.
- Recruiting the submission of manuscripts from both established researchers in the field and promising early career researchers.
- Planning and soliciting special issues, reviews, and themed collections for the journal, and working with Section Editors to ensure their successful delivery.
- Promoting the journal through professional networks to improve its visibility and profile within the research community.
- Chairing and directing the journal's annual meeting of its Editorial Board.
- Making periodic assessments of the journal's Editorial Board and recommending changes when appropriate.
- Acting as spokesperson for CyTA in public forums, meetings, and at academic conferences.
- Working with Taylor & Francis and the journal's Section Editors to identify opportunities for launching new Sections, as well as opportunities for providing better servicer to the journal's research community.
Qualified candidates should be confident in their ability to handle responsibility for the overall editorial oversight of a growing Open Access journal. Working with the Section Editors, the Editor-in-Chief will set the editorial vision and strategic direction of the journal.
Taylor & Francis provides full peer review administration training and administrative support to its journal Editors.
Submitting your Application
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following three documents:
- Current CV
- Covering letter
- A vision statement including the candidate’s assessment of CyTA’s potential for future development and growth.
By July 15, 2021, candidates should email their documents to: Daniel Pasquarello Portfolio Manager, Food Science & Technology Life, Earth & Environmental Sciences [email protected]
All applications will be treated as confidential and will be judged solely on the merits.
Interested in applying?
Here’s what we’re looking for in the successful applicant(s):
- Active presence in in the scientific community, with a strong network of contacts
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to lead and make decisions
- Ability to develop positive and productive working relationships with colleagues
- A proven track record of research, as well as prior experience as a reviewer
- Motivation to attend scientific conferences and serve as an advocate for the journal
- Experience using online submission systems
- Knowledge of Open Access and the passion to communicate its benefits
- Strength in assessing the scientific merit of research papers
CyTA: Journal of Food is a peer-reviewed, fully open access journal. CyTA will be relaunching under a broad-based, multidisciplinary, and forward-looking vision, and with the mission to cover both existing and emerging areas of research in all disciplines relating to the scientific study of food.Areas of interest will include, but will not be limited to: foodomics and food bioinformatics; food composition, nutrition, & human health; food choice; food materials, processing, & engineering; food conservation, safety, & security; food systems in their organization & function; food systems in their relation to governance & public health; emerging technologies & methods in food research; and, the role of data science, statistics, & analytics in food research.