Call for Editorial Board Members and Associate Editors
International Journal of Ambient Energy
Would you like to join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Ambient Energy?
International Journal of Ambient Energy (IJAE) is looking for new Editorial Board members with the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of development. IJAE publishes high quality innovative energy research that can demonstrate the potential for significant carbon reductions in real-world applications. It is our belief that a critical analysis of theoretical and practical research will facilitate a greater understanding of its potential use in alternative applications, its use in different regions, and ultimately a greater acceptance in practice. Therefore, through rigorous peer review by both regional and international experts, the unique combination of innovation and application will allow the International Journal of Ambient Energy to become an important reference source in new energy technology development.
About the Role
We are seeking members to join our international Editorial Board who will work alongside the Editor-in-Chief. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in peer review process by reviewing papers via ScholarOne within the allocated deadline or suggesting alternative reviewers if you are unable to review within the given time.
- Encouraging quality contributions to International Journal of Ambient Energy from your students, colleagues, and those within your network to submit their latest research; please also consider submitting a paper yourself.
- Suggesting special issues and trending topical articles for consideration to the Editor-in-Chief or submit papers on such topics to help improve the impact and reputation of the journal.
- Encouraging usage of the Journal by your faculty, students, and others in your network, which will help libraries decide to retain their subscription or decide to subscribe to the Journal at your institution; please also increase awareness of our publication by encouraging others to consider using and citing International Journal of Ambient Energy content in their own publications, where appropriate, or add the journal to your reading lists.
- Promoting circulation and online usage within your network and please recommend the Journal to your institution or librarian if they do not subscribe already. Subscriptions contribute towards the Journal’s success and increased circulation means increased usage and citations.
- Providing feedback and strategic suggestion to the Editor during journal board meetings or throughout the year; Editorial Board members are essential to creating a journal development plan and we look to you to provide feedback and strategic suggestions for consideration.
- Championing Open Access: Open Research is an important part of academic publishing and will increase usage, citations, and visibility of the content. Please consider asking your networks to submit their work as open access to IJAE or considering doing so yourself.
We are accepting applications from highly qualified and well-connected researchers in the field of Energy.
Prior experience in reviewing for peer-reviewed publications is preferred. This is a significant role, but one that is achievable and extremely rewarding.
As an editorial board member, you will receive complimentary online access to the journal, input into the future and strategy of the journal, and a chance to work with outstanding researchers in the field. This is an unpaid position.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for a position of an Editorial Board Member or Associate Editor of International Journal of Ambient Energy, please send your updated CV, a vision statement, and a letter explaining why you’d like to join the board to the Portfolio Manager, [email protected]
In your vision statement, we’d like you to answer the following as a minimum:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the Journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the Editorial Board
- What position on the board you are interested in and why
- How you would work with authors to improve the quality of their work
- Previous Editorial/Reviewer experience on a peer-reviewed journal
Your application will be considered by the Editor-in-Chief on a rolling basis.
Informing energy policy, innovation and application through a critical analysis of deployment potential, the International Journal of Ambient Energy publishes high quality innovative energy research that demonstrates the potential for carbon reductions in real-world applications. The Journal reports original research, review papers, book reviews, applications and case-studies on all areas of this subject, including nuclear, hydroelectric, wind, biomass, solar, photovoltaic, tidal, wave and geothermal power. A critical analysis of theoretical and practical research facilitates a greater understanding of its potential use in alternative applications, use in different regions and ultimately greater acceptance in practice.