Mitochondrial DNA Part B
Publish in Mitochondrial DNA Part B and increase the visibility of your research
Mitochondrial DNA Part B is an open access journal offering a multi-disciplinary platform for high-quality and concise research articles reporting the sequence of full mitochondrial genomes, and rapid communications focusing on the physical, chemical, and biochemical aspects of mtDNA and proteins involved in mtDNA metabolism and interactions.
Recent changes meet the ever-increasing needs of our authors to have their high-quality work rapidly disseminated:
- Increased word limit to 800 words for announcements and 2,500 words for rapid communications with no limit for the numbers of tables and figures or supplementary materials;
- Public Data Policy requiring mitogenome sequence data to be made publicly available to help increase the reach and discoverability of research published;
- New ‘scoop protection’ policy ensures that authors’ submissions will be protected from the date of their original submission, should another paper on the same mitogenome sequence be published while their paper is under evaluation in the journal.
Why submit to Mitochondrial DNA Part B?
- 2019 Impact Factor of 0.885.
- Indexed in Scopus, CAB International, EBSCO, and more.
- Increased visibility and discoverability: On average, we have eight times more readers for open access articles than for traditionally published articles. Higher readership could result in more citations for your paper.
- Impact beyond academia: Your article will be made freely and permanently available online to all. Your research could inform and develop public policy and teaching practices, be read by the public, or even be picked up by the media!
- Retain ownership: Using a creative commons license, you will retain the copyright to your research, granting Taylor & Francis the non-exclusive right to openly publish your research online and deposit it in major indexes such as PubMed Central.