Submit to Journal of Maps
Increase the impact of your research
Journal of Maps offers a unique inter-disciplinary platform for publishing high-quality maps and spatial diagrams across the broad spectrum of physical and social sciences.
Publishing under an open model, the journal provides an excellent opportunity to obtain a second publication from your research by publishing a map that is derived from your underlying spatial data.
Journal of Maps is indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) and has a 2020 Impact Factor of 2.709.
What can I publish in Journal of Maps?
Journal of Maps examines social and physical processes that take place on a geographical scale, using maps or spatial diagrams to advance understanding across any discipline. Visit our Best Map Award page to see some examples of the inter-disciplinary research previously published in the journal.
Turning your data set into a publication adds significant value to your research by presenting and communicating findings visually to reach new audiences, allowing you to tell the full story of your research in a way that others can draw upon.
Why submit to Journal of Maps?
Publishing a map or spatial diagram in Journal of Maps allows you to:
- Bring your data to life through visual representation.
- Reach new audiences for your research by publishing under an open model.
- Foster new collaborations across disciplines by making your data freely accessible.
- Ensure appropriate credit for your research data with a citable publication.
- Retain ownership by publishing using a creative commons license.
Before you submit your research, please read and adhere to our our Instructions for Authors.