Submit Your Data Article
Increase the impact of your research
Indexed in the Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), Scopus, Ei Compendex, and GEOBASE, Big Earth Data is a sister journal of International Journal of Digital Earth. Big Earth Data publishes research on Big Data in the earth sciences, including earth observation, earth systems monitoring, atmospheric science, marine science and geology.
Publishing under an open model, the journal provides an excellent opportunity to obtain a second publication from your research by publishing a data article that is derived from your underlying data.
Turning your data set into a publication adds significant value to your research by presenting and communicating findings to reach new audiences, allowing you to tell the full story of your research in a way that others can draw upon.
What is a data article?
Data articles concisely describe your research data to increase the visibility and transparency of your research, and are peer-reviewed to support the reuse of valuable research data.
Data articles do not include any analyses or conclusions but may be linked to a traditional Research Article reporting analysis of the published dataset, as well as the results and conclusions. Data articles should include:
- Dataset rationale, protocol, and validation details
- Information about any limitations of the dataset
- Information on where and how to access the dataset, as part of a Data Availability Statement
- Reference to the dataset using a formal citation
- Where applicable, cite and summarize any previous publications that use the data presented
Why submit to Big Earth Data?
Publishing a data article in Big Earth Data allows you to:
- Reach new audiences for your research by publishing under an open model.
- Foster new collaborations across disciplines by making your data freely accessible.
- Ensure appropriate credit for your research data with a citable publication.
- Retain ownership by publishing using a creative commons license.
Before you submit your research, please read and adhere to our our Instructions for Authors.