Submit Data Notes to All Life
An open access, broad-scope life sciences journal
Increase the impact of your research
All Life is a multidisciplinary open access journal accepting publication of data notes across a broad scope of subjects in the life sciences.
The journal provides an excellent opportunity to obtain a second publication by submitting a Data Note that is derived from your underlying research data.
What can I publish in All Life?
All Life accepts submissions of Data Notes for peer review across twelve subject-led sections. Visit the Aims & Scope page to see the subject areas currently published in All Life.
All Life is indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), has a 2019 Impact Factor of 1.273 and a 2019 CiteScore of 5.5.
2019 Impact Factor 1.273
Five-Year Impact Factor 3.093
-Journal Citation Reports®
WEB OF SCIENCE® Indexed
What is a data note?
Data Notes concisely describe your research data to increase the visibility and transparency of your research, helping authors to comply with funder mandates on data sharing, and are peer-reviewed to support the reuse of valuable research data.
Data Notes do not include any analyses or conclusions but may be linked to a traditional Research Article reporting analysis of the published dataset, as well as the results and conclusions. Data Notes should include:
- Dataset rationale, protocol, and validation details
- Information about any limitations of the dataset
- Information on where and how to access the dataset, as part of a Data Availability Statement
- Reference to the dataset using a formal citation
- Where applicable, cite and summarise any previous publications that use the data presented
Maximize the potential of your research and submit your data note today.
Why submit to All Life?
Publishing a data note in All Life allows you to:
- Maximize the potential of your research data in a way that others can draw upon.
- Gain appropriate credit for your research data with a citable publication.
- Reach new audiences for your research by publishing under an open model.
- Foster new collaborations across disciplines by making your data freely accessible.
- Retain ownership by publishing using a creative commons license.
Before you submit your research, please read and adhere to our our Instructions for Authors.