Welcoming your research!
Contribute to Journal of Communication in Healthcare
Call for Papers
Journal of Communication in Healthcare: Strategies, Media and Engagement in Global Health is a peer-reviewed professional journal analyzing contemporary issues, theories, research findings, and evidence-based interventions and innovation across different areas of strategic health communication as applied to the healthcare, public health, and global health fields. Global in its scope, the Journal examines and engages in relevant topics from a variety of country settings and across professional sectors.
With a focus on promoting communication strategies that may encourage improved patient, community, and population health outcomes, the journal presents research, case studies, best practices, and emerging strategies, media, and theoretical or planning frameworks that showcase either:
(a) innovative approaches as they relate to health communication interventions and/or specific communication areas within the healthcare, public health, and global health fields as well as across multiple sectors;
(b) the interconnection and integration of different communication areas and media within multi-component interventions that aim at achieving health and social behavior results among different groups and stakeholders;
(c) the role of patients, communities, populations, and the public at large in engaging in and influencing health communication processes as well as related interactions and interventions.
Preference will go to manuscripts focused on the following two areas:
social media interventions in the era of misinformation
storytelling and mental health: exploring the role of narratives and narrative medicine
You will benefit from publishing in Journal of Communication in Healthcare by:
- Gaining recognition from the Health Equity Initiative's (HEI) international audience
- Increasing your opportunities for future collaboration
- Choosing the option to publish open access
- Evaluating your work by the experienced members of our Editorial Board
- Receiving 50 free e-prints & tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Services site
- Tracking downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
- Increasing the discoverability of your research with listings in Scopus and more!