2021 International Conference on Sport History and Culture
Critical Issues in Comparative Analysis of Sports in Asia
Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou, China
3-6 December 2021
The 2021 International Conference on Sport History and Culture will be held in Fuzhou, China on 3 - 6 December 2021 with both on-line and in person participation. The Conference will be jointly organised by The Asian Journal of Sport History & Culture (AJSH&C) Routledge, Fujian Normal University and the Asia-Pacific Association of Sport Studies (APASS). The AJSH&C editorial board meeting and workshop will also take place during the conference. Distinguished academics will gather at Fujian Normal University to discuss Asian sport from comparative perspectives. The conference will take place in English, and will cover various topics including, (but not limited to) the following:
- Sport and culture in Asian societies
- Traditional sports and physical culture in Asia
- The Olympic movement in Asia
- Mega sporting-events
- Sports policy and practice
- Gender and sport in Asian societies
- Elite and mass sports development
- Sports market and industry
- Asian physical culture
- Comparative analysis of Sport in Asian societies and other Sports Cultures and Traditions
- Sport, international relations and diplomacy
- The COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on sport and physical education
The goal of the conference is to provide a platform for stimulating and lively interdisciplinary discussions on sport in Asia. It is intended that selected presentations / abstracts will be identified for development and publication in the AJSHC. A workshop will be held during the conference to assist the contributors to develop their papers for publication.
We hope you can join us with other distinguished scholars and contribute a paper for the conference. Please send the title of your paper and abstract (250 words) to Prof. Wang Runbin at [email protected] by 30 September 2021. The Conference Scientific Committee will review and confirm the acceptance of conference paper/abstracts.
Key dates in the timetable for submission are as follows:
- 30 September 2021: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- 21 October 2021: Response to authors / acceptance of abstracts from Scientific Sub-committee:
- 31 October 2021: Registration for Conference
- 15 November 2021: Publication of conference programme timetable, and abstracts.
Registration on-line will be free. The registration fee for in-person participation will be announced shortly.
We look forward to seeing you (on-line or in person) in Fuzhou.
Prof. Fan Hong
Editor in Chief
Asian Journal of Sport History & Culture
Asia-Pacific Association of Sport Studies
Prof. Fang Qianhua
College of Physical Education and Sport Science
Fujian Normal University