Add your Insight
15 April 2021
Tourism for sustainable development in developing countries
This special issue welcomes conceptual, theoretical and empirical papers that tackle issues pertaining to tourism for sustainable development in developing countries in the light of the post-2015 development agenda. Due to the undeniable devastating impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic on global tourism, which currently threatens approximately 120 million jobs worldwide with the total economic damage projected to exceed $1 trillion in 2020 (according to World Economic Forum, 2020), this issue also welcomes country-specific or regional studies that could shed some light on the impact of COVD-19 on the tourism sector in developing countries.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Tourism and economic growth
- Tourism and poverty reduction
- Tourism and exchange rate
- Tourism and exports
- Tourism and financial development
- Tourism multiplier
- Tourism and job creation
- Tourism planning and management
- Tourism infrastructure in developing countries
- Tourism and environment (Environmental aspects of tourism)
- Leisure and culture
- Tourism ecosystems
- Tourism policy and governance
- Socio-economic impact of tourism
- Events and sports tourism
- Tourism and COVID-19 global pandemic
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
View the latest tweets from JrnlPolRsrchTLE