Add your Insight
15 April 2021
The Imaging Science Journal
Special Issue Editor(s)
Dr. Yatindra Kumar,
Department of Electrical Engineering, Govind Ballabh Pant Institute of Engineering & Technology, Uttarakhand, India
Dr. Basant Kumar,
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India
Dr. Mufti Mahmud,
School of Science & Technology, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK
Dr. R. S. Anand,
Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
Dr. M. Shamim Kaiser,
Institute of Information Technology, Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Technological Advancements in Image and Signal Processing Techniques
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, mankind is facing unparalleled challenges. Computer Vision (CV), Big Data (BD) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and signal, image and video processing have a lot to offer and can therefore help battle the virus, especially when combined with other research areas. Advancement in sensor technology and machine learning techniques are helping to visualize and understand the better insight of data. It helps to identify the intentional objects in vast applications. Various methodologies are being used to analyze the image and signal data. It helps to improve the quality of data with a lower space requirement. The application of deep learning is helping to identify the hidden parent in volumetric images.
Application of AI, Cloud computing, and interdisciplinary research can be used in image and signal processing applications to record, detect, and help remotely. This Special Issue will serve to collect recent advancements in image and signal processing techniques. Prospective authors are invited to submit original contributions and survey papers in these areas.
Topics of interest:
• Biomedical signal and image analysis
• Signal and image processing techniques for COVID-19 detection and diagnosis from multimodal data, such as voice, X-ray and CT images.
• CV and AI techniques to ensure compliance with different measures, such as lockdowns, social distancing and facemask wearing;
• Data analysis and AI approaches for tracking and predicting pandemic outbreaks.
• Dynamic data assimilation models/Mathematical models;
• Hybrid AI Neuro-symbolic models;
• Outbreak detection and prediction;
• The virus spread tracking;
• Diagnosis and treatment;
• Internet of things (IoT)
• Machine learning in signal and image processing
• Real-time signal and image processing algorithms and architectures
• Sensor data fusion and integration
• Sensor error modeling and online calibration
• Wearable sensor signal processing and its applications
• Data fusion techniques
• Image segmentation, enhancement, and restoration
• Object detection and recognition
• Machine learning and deep learning
• Filtering and Multiresolution Processing
• Change detection and analysis of time series
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!