Make an Impact in Your Field
29 January 2021
Journal of Global Sport Management
Special Issue Editor(s)
Sungho Cho, J.D./Ph.D,
Sport Management, Bowling Green State University, US
Mark Conrad, J.D.,
Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University, US
Mark Dodds, J.D./Ph.D.,
Sport Management, SUNY Cortland, US
John Holden, J.D./Ph.D.,
Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, US
Legal System, Regulatory Dynamics, and Governance in Sport
Manuscripts are currently being solicited for an upcoming special issue of the Journal of Global Sport Management dedicated to the “Legal System, Regulatory Dynamics and Governance in Sport.”
Legal environments, compliance rules/policies, and other regulatory dynamics are key determinants for governance in sport. Court decisions and new legislations establish external parameters within which sport organizations are operated. Compliance systems and internal policies are crucial controlling mechanisms designed to achieve strategic goals of sport organizations. Finally, formulating risk management strategies and contingency plans has become imperative and will have profound impacts on the future of the entire industry.
In accordance with the scope of the Journal of Global Sport Management, this special issue takes an interdisciplinary approach, and invite submissions from a variety of disciplines. Potential areas to be covered in the special issue may include (not limited to):
- Legal issues in sport governance of private and public sport entities
- Risk management analysis and contingency planning
- Strategic management and alliance
- Analysis of regulatory schemes in compliance
- Legislative/policy proposal for institutional reform
- Interleague and multinational coordination
- Human rights issues in policy development and implementation
Encountering the unprecedented economic hardship caused by the recent pandemic, special consideration will be given to articles discussing the effects of the Covid-19 crisis on the above. There will be no preference between empirical vs. theoretical/conceptual or quantitative vs. qualitative studies, but each submitted manuscript must provide unique and significant contributions to the relevant body of literature.
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
- All submissions need to be made via the JGSM’s online submission system below.
- Authors must indicate in their cover letter that the submission is to be considered for the special issue.
- Prospective authors are encouraged to contact the guest editors for any questions or feedbacks on potential topics of submitted papers.
View the latest tweets from TheJGSM