Add your Insight
31 January 2021
Re-imagining a life after COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose unprecedented challenges to human health and wellbeing and is having dramatic consequences for businesses and industries worldwide including wellness, tourism and hospitality. As emergency solutions are being put together to cope with the immediate societal, economic pressures and threats to human health, there is no doubt that in the mid to long term new strategic responses will need to be devised to enable individuals, communities and businesses around the world to adapt to life post COVID-19.
Building on the recognition that we have an opportunity to think and act differently, this special issue welcomes relevant research and case studies that provide examples of challenges, good practice, lessons learnt and recommendations on how to reimagine life after COVID-19 in the spa and wellness context. Both empirical and conceptual papers are welcome, and any methodology can be considered as long as the research is rigorous.
Possible themes include but not limited to:
- The impact of COVID-19 on the spa, wellness and related service industries
- Issues related to individual and societal wellbeing
- The psychological effects of being unemployed and isolated at home due to COVID19
- physical, mental, social and environmental wellbeing
- Service design and delivery
- Transformational experiences
- Effects of COVID-19 on medical service provision
- Effects of COVID-19 on spa service provision
- Effects of COVID-19 on wellness service provision
- Communities and societies resilience
- Business recovery solutions
- Sustainable growth and development
- Health, happiness and quality of life
- Healthcare and wellness inequalities
- Preventative wellness/ strategies and programmes
- Mental wellness
- Wellness technology and innovation
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Please submit the papers to the journal’s online platform at the Special Issue Theme: Re-imagining life after COVID-19. Select "special issue title” when submitting your paper to ScholarOne
Both conceptual and empirical work are welcome
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 31st January 2021
Expected Publication Date: 2021.