Make an Impact in Your Field
01 January 2121
Low Carbon Buildings and Neighbourhoods
This Special Issue aims to explore the complex synergies of Low Carbon Buildings and Neighbourhoods. At global scale, building and construction activities are responsible for 39% of energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions . To achieve ‘Sustainable Cities and Communities’, one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), within 1.5degC global warming limit, it is essential that building and construction projects should immediately reduce its carbon footprint drastically and accomplish net zero carbon emission by 2050. One of the major questions is ‘How to ensure that buildings and neighbourhoods designed and built today can achieve net zero emission for the next 30 years and beyond?’ This Special Issue attempts to disentangle complex relationship between carbon emissions, energy consumption, thermal comfort and health & well-being of occupants in the context of built environment.
We invite authors to submit research papers, reviews, discussions, case studies and conceptual articles on topics including, but not limited to:
- Climate specific low carbon buildings- addressing the challenges of warm and tropical regions
- Net zero energy/ carbon buildings
- Energy efficient building technologies
- Renewable energy integration in buildings
- Bioclimatic design strategies to meet low energy goals
- High performance architecture
- Innovative building construction systems
- Thermal comfort in buildings/ outdoor spaces in future climate scenarios
- Climate change and its impact on buildings/ neighbourhood planning
- Design challenges for low carbon precincts
- Low carbon energy systems at precinct and neighbourhood scales
- Reviews of government policies and regulations to promote low carbon buildings/ neighbourhoods
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Papers Manuscript Submission Instructions: Please check this link https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?show=instructions&journalCode=tasr20
Paper submission processes and dates:
Please send an Expression of Interest to Dr Anir Upadhyay (E: [email protected]) as soon as possible with the title, abstract (350 words) and research synopsis (500 words) to register for this Special Issue. The
ASR online portal (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/www.earthscan.co.uk/journal/ASRE) will open for paper submissions on July 1, 2020.
The papers will be double blind reviewed by the Special Issue Technical committee and published online, once they are accepted. An official volume of this Special Issue will be published in late 2021.
Please direct questions about this Special Issue to Dr Anir Upadhyay.
View the latest tweets from tandfphysci