Add your Insight
15 August 2021
Leading in Wellness toward Social Justice
The Journal of Counselor Leadership and Advocacy, a publication of Chi Sigma Iota International, invites manuscripts for a special issue on wellness, social justice, and leadership. Professional counselors will serve an essential role in the nation’s recovery and continued pursuits for social justice as the United States emerges from the worst pandemic in over a century. In this special issue, we seek manuscripts examining leadership and social justice advocacy through the lens of counselor, client, and student wellness. Professional counselors are inherently healers and advocates, with wellness as a central aim, and will continue to be well-suited to support the mental health and related needs of their communities. These strengths may be realized at a fuller potential when guided by effective leaders, serving in many roles throughout the community and in professional organizations. Furthermore, professional counselors must advocate for their own wellness while advocating for the right to serve equally with other behavioral health practitioners.
Manuscripts may be theoretical, conceptual, or empirical and may explore topics such as:
- Wellness through social justice advocacy
- Advocacy practices promoting student wellness
- Multicultural-Social Justice Advocacy and the Indivisible Self
- The role of counselor advocacy within models of integrated care
- School counselor leadership for student wellness
- The role of EcoWellness during the pandemic
- Agency leadership for counselor and/or client wellness
- Wellness leadership by overcoming injustices within the counseling profession
- Criminal justice reforms and restorative justice through wellness and advocacy initiatives
- Wellness informed advocacy for immigrants and refugees
- Self-care for social justice counselors
- Wellness, professional advocacy, and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Culturally responsive leadership in counseling?
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
When submitting your paper on ScholarOne, please select “Leading in Wellness toward Social Justice” in the special issue section. Authors are encouraged to use advocacy and leadership competencies and best practices of the counseling profession including, but not limited to the CSI Wellness Competencies, Indivisible Self, Multicultural/Social Justice Counseling Competencies, ACA Advocacy Competencies, and/or CSI Principles and Practices of Leadership Excellence. Please address inquiries to: [email protected]‐net.org.
View the latest tweets from ChiSigmaIota