Add your Insight
30 August 2021
Enterprise Information Systems
Special Issue Editor(s)
Department of Computer Science, Asia University, Taiwan
Department of Computer and Information Science, Fordham University, USA
Department of Computer and Network Engineering, The University of Electro-Communications, Japan
Tianjin University of Technology, China
The Role of Intelligent Visualization in Smart Manufacturing
Advances in information and communication technologies (ICT) have continuously progressed in various sectors and play a significant role in the manufacturing industry. The current development of information technologies, smart and intelligent technologies, and the cyber system have given rise to the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, cloud computing, digital twin, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and cyber-physical systems. The introduction of these technologies into the manufacturing industry addresses various critical challenges while transforming traditional manufacturing into smart manufacturing. These technologies enables the acquisition and sharing of real-time manufacturing data, helping for fast and precise decision-making, and deviating considerable attention towards the next-generation industrial revolution. However, smart manufacturing needs to manage a large amount of industrial data generated from various manufacturing equipment and communicating devices with different data formats. In this scenario, intelligent visualization plays a significant role in understanding and explaining large and complex data for analysing manufacturing data, empowering people's insight into process innovation and productivity improvement. It can efficiently integrate machine-intelligence with human-intelligence to understand insight from the industrial data to support efficient decision-making under complex scenarios.
With the development of Industry 4.0, machine intelligent visual simulation and data processing grow exponentially in various industrial sector, including aerospace manufacturing, food processing, nuclear fuel processing, automotive manufacturing etc. Intelligent visualization can be applied at different stages of the manufacturing lifecycle like production planning, simulation, production monitoring, and testing. Hence with the use of smart technologies, the manufacturing data can be transformed into intelligent visualization.
This special issue focuses on exploring the application of emerging information technologies for visualization and analysis of industrial data at different manufacturing stages to build a smart manufacturing model with an intelligent decision support system. We welcome genuine and original research article that discovers an analytical solution to various industrial and manufacturing issue using intelligent and smart technologies.
Topic of interest that can be included but not restricted are:
- AI-based intelligent visualization for smart manufacturing
- Big data analysis and intelligent visualization for smart manufacturing.
- Intelligent visualization integrated smart manufacturing based on big data analytics and machine learning.
- Importance of Big Data visualization towards next-generation manufacturing.
- AI-based Intelligent manufacturing with visualization technology in Industry 4.0
- IT-oriented intelligent visualization for smart manufacturing.
- IoT assisted real-time industrial data analysis using artificial intelligence approaches for smart manufacturing
- Digital twin-driven smart manufacturing with visualization
- Challenges and opportunities of AI technologies for visualization in smart manufacturing
- Machine intelligent based data processing and visualization from smart manufacturing
- Production monitoring based on intelligent visualization for smart manufacturing
- AI based visual simulation of real-time industrial data for smart manufacturing
- Human intelligent based visual monitoring in smart manufacturing
- Evolution of AI in decentralized control of manufacturing enterprise
- The recent developments in digital manufacturing to enable manufacturing enterprise smarter
- Impact of smart technologies in the evolution of manufacturing enterprise
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!