Add your Insight
18 April 2021
Educational Philosophy and Theory
Special Issue Editor(s)
Dr. Gunasekaran Manogaran [Leading Guest Editor],
University of California, Davis, USA
Dr. Hassan Qudrat-Ullah [Co-Guest Editor],
York University, Toronto, Canada
Dr. Qin Xin [Co –Guest Editor],
University of the Faroe Islands, Faroe Islands. Denmark
Importance of Education for Global Development
Over the years, education has become part of our society and greatly enhances our country as well as people's welfare. Offering quality education is the fundamental right of every human and may contribute to significant progress in the social and economic development of the country. Knowledge is the basis of global development, whereas education empowers the knowledge and acts as a powerful tool to empower the future world with significant advancements. Today's scenario of teaching and learning is highly complex, and it widely varies from one person to the other. Countries around the world adopt their strategies for the education system, which differs considerably. Despite the variations, each nation work towards the common agenda of offering quality education to its citizens.
Even with well-developed strategies and educational planning measures, the outcome of education widely differs between the students. This variation is because education does not solely depend on academic concepts and principles; instead, it is highly determined through individual learning abilities, teaching methods, interest, and dedication. Another global concern in education is that teaching and learning difficulties between the students and the teacher. As a result, students may fail to learn quickly in the same way as their peers, and they find certain aspects of learning to be a challenging process. This impacts, when left unaddressed, can affect an individual's performance in education throughout their life. However, providing qualitative education is the only way to achieve sustainable global development. Moreover, with the increased importance of data that plays an essential aspect of the educational institutions, innovation data analytic methodologies should be used to analyze the potential growth and risks of teaching and learning and improve other pedagogical approaches in education in a global perspective. Further, the rapid development of communication and information-based technologies can also significantly impact global education. Hence, it has become crucial to bridge the gap between present-day teaching and learning strategies, and exploring innovative measures in education based on a future perspective has become a vital requirement.
Besides, education is a powerful tool of revolution, which improves the livelihoods of the people from various aspects and contributes to the socio-economic growth of the country for a longer period of time in a sustainable way. In this context, this special issue aims to address the importance of education and potential drawbacks for sustainable global development. We invite researchers from academic and industrial backgrounds to present novel and innovative solutions on educational systems for global development.
The topics of interest for the special issue include, but not limited to, the following:
- Data analytics in education to maximize knowledge retention: A global perspective
- Enhancement in teaching and learning strategies for global development
- Frontiers in science and technology for education in a global perspective
- Enhancement to pedagogic practices for improved quality of education in the context of global development
- Innovative teaching-learning methodologies for global development
- Opportunities for Data analytics in enhancing the educational ecosystem
- Sustainable developments in education to achieve global development
- Education for migrants and refuges and their influences over global development
- Advances in competency oriented learning education for global development
- Innovative measures on life-long learning and its impact towards global development
- Advances in inter-sectoral educational strategies for global development
- Sustainable policies and regulatory measures to support education across rural areas and under developed countries
- Advances in effective learning environment to empower global development
- Effective methods of knowledge management and its impact towards global educational system
- Advances in pedagogy for collaborative E-learning practices and its impact on global development
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
View the latest tweets from EpatJournal