Add your Insight
13 March 2022
Hospitality Innovation and Resilience During Uncertainty
The proposed SI is expected to host relevant multidisciplinary studies with special reference to hospitality innovation and resilience during times of uncertainty. Its aim is to highlight the influence of specific conditions (e.g. new consumer trends; brand management; innovative processes and organisational resilience) and events (e.g. pandemics, political instability; economic crises) that substantially influence the hospitality industry during uncertainty. Its objectives focus on: (i) the better understanding of the dynamic aspects influencing innovation and resilience processes during times of uncertainty, (ii) the use of specific policies and strategies (i.e. sustainable development practices; marketing and advertising; IT and ICT) for influencing the impacts of ever-changing conditions and (iii) the provision of innovative methodologies and research tools for resilience within hospitality.
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Please submit the papers to the journal’s online platform at the Special Issue Theme: Tourism Innovation and Resilience during Uncertainty.
This special issue welcomes theoretical, empirical, experimental, and case study research contributions. These contributions should clearly address the theoretical and practical implications of the research in reference. Both conceptual and empirical studies are welcome. Hospitality innovation and resilience can be viewed under a variety of prisms, including but not limited to:
- Innovation, creativity and change management
- Resilience management
- Complexity management
- Competitiveness, sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Consumer behaviour, decision-making, expectations, experience and satisfaction
- Adaptive capacities
- Crisis management
- Urban resilience
- Multi-disciplinary resilience
- Destination resilience, planning and development
- Economics of change impacts and adaptation
- Emerging and innovative research methods and methodologies
- Human resources, equality, diversity, and labour operations
- The role of technology in hospitality innovation and resilience
- Marketing, advertising, branding and promotional activities
- Policy, planning, and development
- Training and education
- Wellbeing of hospitality employees, local communities and tourists
Submission deadline for SI: Sunday, 13th March 2022