Add your Insight
31 August 2021
Global and Transnational Activism and Protest
The Review of Communication is now accepting submissions for a themed issue on global and transnational activism and protest. In keeping with the journal’s aims and scope, priority may be given to macro-interpretive studies. Projects can be historical, theoretical, philosophical, qualitative, quantitative, rhetorical, performance-based, or syncretic.
This themed issue aims to contribute international perspectives on activism and to consider the forms that protests take when they transcend nation states and cross borders.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- global social movements
- border zone activism
- activism and protest related to migration and immigration
- First Nations coalitions and legal mobilization
- activism and protest related to diasporas
- questions of scale and forms of activism that challenge conventional notions of size and scope
- the roles and affordances of new media technologies and digital social networks
- cooperative efforts between state actors to suppress and persecute activists
- activism and protest in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
View the latest tweets from Routledge_MandC