Add your Insight
31 January 2021
Economic Research-Ekonomska IstraÅ¾ivanja
Special Issue Editor(s)
La Rochelle Business School, France
Syed Kumail Abbas Rizvi,
Lahore School of Economics, Pakistan
University of Szczecin, Faculty of Management and Economics of Services, Poland
Impact of COVID-19 on Economy, Financial System and Business Strategies and Practices
Covid-19 emerged as one black swan event for the financial markets in December 2019. The reaction of businesses and societies across the world was mild at the beginning but since the simultaneous lockdowns imposed by several governments, the pandemic started threatening the world economy at an unprecedented rate.
Today after almost six months of its emergence, Covid-19 has reshaped the world in a way which was unfathomable for many people few months ago. Financial markets have almost tanked everywhere; economies are sinking and bleeding in an attempt to protect employment, growth and well-being of citizens; work from home has become a norm which has profound impact on work norms, employees’ behavior, productivity, governance and organizational politics and dynamics. Not every sector, however, is a looser during this pandemic and the organizations and economies having flexibility and capability to change their modus operandi and deploy the appropriate practices or technologies, see huge silver lining for them amid this crisis.
In this special issue of Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja we intend to invite research papers that are focused on evaluating the impact of Covid-19 on economies, financial system and business strategies and practices of different types of organizations. Moreover, the papers which document the responses by these segments while highlighting the justification of such responses and alternative solutions are also welcomed. Since the Covid-19 crisis is an ongoing situation, therefore, any study which provides solutions and help to policy makers in public and private sector in formulating their future direction and strategies based on ex-ante scenario projections with alternative policy and strategic choices will also be considered appropriate for this special issue.
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Please select Impact of COVID-19 on Economy, Financial System and Business Strategies and Practices when submitting your paper to ScholarOne
We invite researchers and experts worldwide to submit high-quality original research papers assessing the impact of Covid-19 or formulating policies amid Covid-19 for the following areas but are not limited to;
- Economic Growth and Development, Fiscal and Monetary Management;
- Business, Financial cycle and crisis;
- Financial Markets, Financial System, Contagion, Investment Behavior, Asset Selection, Risk tolerance etc;
- Global and National Economic Conditions
- Companies Financial Decisions and behaviors
- Households behaviors
- Business Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Work Norms, Business Productivity etc;
- Policy responses by Government amid Covid-19 to stabilize economy, protect employment, or sustain growth;
- Policy responses by financial market participants amid Covid-19 to protect valuations, hedge or minimize risk, bringing efficiency etc;
- Policy responses by financial institutions to arrange liquidity, intact solvency and ensure sustainability or organizations;
- Policy responses by business organizations to maintain and optimized supply chain, enhance productivity, transform work norms, adapt technology and ensuring efficiency and continuity.
Time line for Special Issue:
Deadline for Manuscript submission: January 31, 2021
First round of Notification: March 1, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: June 1, 2021
Tentative Publication Date: July 1, 2021
View the latest tweets from Routledge_Econ