Add your Insight
30 December 2020
Special issue on the Dynamics and Aerodynamics of Slender Structures
Dynamic and aerodynamic studies have been occupying an increasing space in the design, analysis and characterization of slender structures. Leveraged by enormous advancements in computational resources, storage capacities and data transmission bandwidths, digitalization has supported new approaches to modelling, simulation and visualization of dynamic effects on structures. This has facilitated the optimized use of materials, shapes and systems in radically new designs. The characterization of different types of complex dynamic actions (wind, pedestrian, traffic), the rigorous numerical analysis of their effects, but also the identification of the structural condition through dynamic response measurements of aged structures have seen considerable developments in the last few years.
This special issue aims to gather the most recent contributions involving the dynamics and aerodynamics of slender structures in with reference to the specific aspects of the design and assessment of such structures. Potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Dynamic load characterization (pedestrian, traffic, and other extreme events)
- Characterization and quantification of wind, aerodynamic effects and aeroelastic effects under current and future climate scenarios
- Methods for numerical modelling and simulation, e.g. of load-structure interaction effects
- Vibration phenomena: sources and response assessment (cable vibrations, pedestrian-induced, wind-train-structure), including experimental techniques
- Fatigue analysis and diagnosis
- Vibration mitigation measures (aerodynamic, mechanic) and structural optimization
- Design, performance requirements, guidelines and standards
- Vibration-based observation and monitoring (physical models, laboratory and prototypes), including damage identification
Considering the scope of the journal, papers dealing with case studies and practical applications are also welcome. Review articles describing the current state of the art in some related topic are of further interest.
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Abstract submission by: October 15th, 2020
Full paper submission: December 30, 2020
Review submission: March 30, 2021
Revised paper submission: May 30, 2021
RE-review submission and revisions: August 30, 2021
Final decision: October 30, 2021
Production starts: November 5, 2021
View the latest tweets from IABSEHQ