Share your Research
28 February 2021
Smart Clothing for Assistive and Preventive Care
The primary goal of this special issue is to provide insights into the latest technological developments in smart clothing. Smart wearables such as watches and wristbands have been widely used in health monitoring in recent years. Due to the limitation by where the device is worn these wearable consumer electronics devices can only measure a limited number of health parameters. Textile and sensing technologies have evolved substantially over the past decade and have seen an accelerating trend of technical advances particularly in the consumer healthcare sector. Optimization techniques have been developed significantly and smart garment have become more efficiently designed and implemented.
The ability to design and implement washable clothing when keeping up with the rapidly changing consumer healthcare market demands up-to-date technology information acquired through gaining practical knowledge for creating durable and comfortable fabrics while housing the electronic modules and systems for reliable health monitoring.
To tackle the challenges in keeping up with the rapid technology development, this special issue invites manuscript submissions in the following topics, but not limited to:
- Emerging sensing technologies for smart clothing
- Smart and electronic textile
- Smart and assistive healthcare technology in garments
- Highly integrated front-end circuits for clothing
- Integrated circuits for communications
- Novel multimedia processing for health monitoring
- Self-powered monitoring devices in smart clothing
- Health applications such as baby monitoring, eSport and elderly care
- Novel design and implementation methodologies for clothing
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!