Add your Insight
30 September 2021
Special Issue Editor(s)
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
University of Pennsylvania, USA
M. Karthikeyan [Managing Guest Editor],
Tamilnadu College of Engineering, India
Cyber Physical Systems in Robotics and Autonomous Systems
Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) are systems of collaborating computational entities which are in intensive connection with the surrounding physical world and its on-going processes, providing and using, at the same time, data-accessing and data-processing services available on the internet. Robots and other complex cyber-physical systems (CPS) sense, process, and react to information from the physical world. They must operate safely even in the presence of uncertainties and resource constraints
The current scenario still requires human intervention in these autonomous systems in order to accomplish tasks that are better performed with human-in-the-loop. Humans, machines, and software systems are required to interact and understand each other in order to work together in an effective and robust way. This human integration introduces an important number of challenges and problems to be solved in order to achieve seamless and solid participation. To manage this complexity, appropriate techniques and methods must be used to help cyber physical systems developers analyze and design this kind of human-in-the-loop integration.
We welcome submissions that will present recent advancements in research and development in the area of cyber physical systems of robotics and autonomous systems and its related technologies. These contributions can show theoretical, experimental or procedural contributions as well as datasets evaluations, or systematic reviews if they provide substantial contributions to the state of the art. The topics of interest include but not limited to:
- Learning based control for autonomous systems
- Collaborative robotic CPS for surgery applications
- Cyber physical systems approach for controlling autonomous mobile robots
- Cyber physical systems in privacy centered design for social robots
- Detecting cyber physical threats against autonomous robotic systems in routine missions
- CPS based low cost reconfigurable
- CPS based 3D printable robotics kit for education and learning
- Cyber physical systems in virtual simulation platform for robotics in cyber earth
- Cyber physical systems in industrial robotics
- Design of a novel robotic surface to compressed cyber physical environments
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
View the latest tweets from tandfSTEM