Make an Impact in Your Field
15 October 2020
The Impact of COVID-19 on Hospitality and Tourism Education
COVID-19 has created challenges on our educational system worldwide (UNESCO, 2020). Due to this pandemic, the higher education system in hospitality and tourism has moved away from traditional classroom settings to non-traditional environment such as hybrid and online classrooms. The recent movement has significantly changed the way how instructors teach and engage students in this new environment, developing issues for both instructors and students. This ongoing situation raises the need for further empirical research on teaching and learning in the hospitality and tourism education.
This special issue focuses on:
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on hospitality and tourism education;
- How students engage in hybrid and online learning in various contexts;
- What are the determinants of student satisfaction in this new learning environment;
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of hybrid/online/virtual learning in hospitality and tourism education;
- How to design an effective online learning environment and pedagogies;
- How hospitality and tourism education will evolve in the future
Proposals may use various types of data-driven research methods including quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods.
Some example topics include, but are not limited to those listed below.
- Factors that influence student engagement and satisfaction in the hybrid and online learning environment
- Psychological effect during COVID-19 on student learning experience
- Innovative instructional strategies to engage learners
- Technologies to increase student engagement (e.g., virtual labs, augmented reality)
- Barriers to online and virtual learning in hospitality and tourism education
- Short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on hospitality and tourism education
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
- Prospective authors are strongly encouraged to contact the special issue editor, Dr. Soobin Seo regarding potential topics of interest or any questions/suggestions regarding the special issue.
- Abstracts (up to 750 words) can be submitted directly to the guest editor via email ([email protected]) by August 5th, 2020. Abstracts must be concise and to the point, with appropriate methods included. Full papers must be submitted by October 15th, 2020 through the online journal review system.
Each paper submitted to this special issue will be subject to the following review procedures:
- It will be reviewed by the guest editor for general suitability for this special issue.
- If it is judged suitable, two reviewers will be selected for a rigorous double-blind review process
- Based on the recommendation of the reviewers, the guest editor and the Executive Editor will decide whether the particular paper should be accepted as it is, revised and re-submitted, or rejected.
Abstracts submissions: August 5th, 2020 (Email to [email protected])
Abstract decisions: August 15th, 2020
FULL paper submissions: October 15th, 2020
Revisions and decisions: October-December, 2020
Publication: Spring or Summer of 2021
View the latest tweets from tandfsport