Add your Insight
14 June 2021
Impact of Covid-19 on Media and Entertainment Sectors
As soon as the spread of Covid-19 started impacting local and national economies across the globe, media and entertainment businesses have been affected in an unprecedented fashion. This disruption impacted the value chain - from the content sourcing and production processes to distribution ……Advertising income has decreased dramatically putting existing business models and monetization strategies under question. The audience attitudes and preferences for media products has change as well. On the one hand increased demand for authentic and trustworthy content and media brands, while media consumption increasingly shifts to streaming services and other forms of digital delivery.
This special issue seeks papers discussing and/or showcasing research and debates related to Covid-19.
Possible areas of interest for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
- The ways Working from home (WFH) and social distancing (i.e. home-schooling) may affect work processes in newsrooms.
- Human Resources management practices and issues in media companies – precarity and employment situation for media workers.
- How the suspension and delays in content production affects the eco-system of distributors, sub-contractors and other partners
- Considerations and challenges to the advertising supported media and business models in the times of widespread decline of advertising budgets and cancelations of live events
- The evolving audience attitudes towards paid content and trust in media
- Role of mission driven and public service media organizations in times of crisis
- Long term effects Covid-19 pandemic and potential to leverage positive effects in the future
We welcome research papers, work-in-progress reports highlighting interesting outcomes but review essays initiating and explicating new, pressing research agendas for media management scholarship are also applicable.
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Articles will be evaluated on their general merit, contribution to new knowledge, and relevance to the theme. Manuscripts that meet the scope of this special issue will be peer-reviewed in a timely manner. All submissions must conform to academic standards, be original, and not be published nor under review elsewhere.
View the latest tweets from ijmmjournal