Make an Impact in Your Field
20 April 2020
The practice of counselling and psychotherapy in the midst of pandemic: Surviving and thriving through the era of COVID-19.
Counselling Psychology Quarterly announces a call for papers for a special issue on “The practice of counselling and psychotherapy in the midst of pandemic: Surviving and thriving through the era of COVID-19.”
All manuscripts are to be submitted by April 20th and will be routed for rapid review in order for this special issue to be available online and published in June 2020 issue.
Manuscripts that address one or more of the following topics are welcome.
- Emerging new practice, skills, and techniques in the midst of COVID-19 around the globe.
- Therapists’ adjustment of relational stance in working with their clients with the fear of COVID-19 infection.
- How therapists and counsellors successfully shifted their face-to-face practice of therapy and supervision to online (e.g., guidelines, unexpected advantages, difficulties, negative outcomes).
- How the shift from face-to-face sessions interfered with the process of therapy and supervision (e.g., loss of momentum in therapy, loss of therapeutic gains, negative effects).
- How therapists’ own anxiety, loss, fear, etc. are affecting their work and how to cope with these difficulties via self-care strategies.
- Building practitioner networks to connect and support one another.
- Case reports in which a client was able to exercise their strength and resilience in the midst of this hardship and what made it possible.
- Addressing career issues associated with the interruption of career and fear of unemployment.
- Fighting discrimination, prejudice, and paranoia due to the spread of COVID-19
- Psychoeducational work, outreach, and other community approaches to help prevention and high-risk behaviors.
- Dealing with sudden loss, severe physical challenges and other traumas due to COVID-19.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to receiving your manuscript.
We also wish you safe and well.
Co-Chief-Editors of Counselling Psychology Quarterly
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
Manuscripts may be submitted as brief reports (10 double-spaced pages) or article length (approximately 20 pages). All manuscripts should be masked for peer review and submitted electrically through the journal’s submission portal below.
Please note in your cover letter that you are submitting for consideration for the special issue on “The practice of counselling and psychotherapy in the midst of COVID-19.”
Given the immediacy of these concerns, we wish to move quickly on this special issue. Please note that we may ask authors to revise their manuscript in a very short time span.
Submission deadline: April 20th, 2020
View the latest tweets from Routledgepsych