Share your Research
30 November 2020
Intelligent Data Analytics for Internet of Underwater Things
Water bodies including oceans and lakes cover one-third of the earth's surface. Due to the frequent changes in the underwater environment like ocean temperature, carbon sink, sea-level rise, coastal erosion, etc., incorporating periodic monitoring of change detection is essential. The recent advances in wireless sensing technologies have made considerable changes in the exploration and monitoring of underwater resources. This includes interconnecting the Internet of Things (IoT) with underwater objects which leads to a new paradigm called the Internet of Underwater Things (IoUT). Using IoUT a network of physical devices is created which enables underwater data collection with improved communication. The data sensed through various devices are analyzed and used for research, and decision-making in many fields such as defense, coastal environment protection, consumer market, fishing & aquaculture industry. However, to support the IoUT concept, an effective underwater wireless sensor network system should be equipped with sensor nodes and smart sensing devices. Some of the smart interconnected underwater objects that can be employed for data analytics are from autonomous underwater vehicles, navigation ships, buoys, underwater robots, etc.
The management of an extensive amount of raw data sensed by the underwater objects is to be analyzed. Also, the data generated from the underwater objects are real-time, which increases implemental difficulties for analyzing the data due to its enormous volume and variety. Combining IoUT and data analytics provides potential growth in monitoringunderwater by consistently giving insightful calculations for a variety of data. With the continuous increase of real-time and heterogeneous data, the analysis process becomes crucial in case of accurate prediction. Also, there may be sensitive information which is to be analyzed in the process and can end up in irreversible damages to the existing system and environment. Using the intelligent application with IoUT overcomes problems related to sensitive information and other prerequisites. Since Intelligent Data Analytics is an interdisciplinary study concerned with intelligent analysis of huge data, it provides a timely prediction for any critical underwater situation. Furthermore, Intelligent Data Analytics also extracts necessary data captured by the IoUT based sensors and helps in identifying insightful information. Such insightful information is powerful for underwater researchers, government & non-governmental organizations, and professionals actively seeking to better manage underwater resources.
This special issue on “Intelligent Data Analytics for Internet of Underwater Things” will independently focus on providing an arena to share the authentic works related to the intelligent data analytic methods, techniques and technologies with application of internet of underwater things.
Topics of interest include but are not restricted to:
- Intelligent data analytics architecture for the Internet of Underwater Things
- Intelligent Control Algorithm and Dynamic Management Scheme for Underwater IoT Applications
- Future Intelligent Underwater Network and System Architectures
- Artificial Life and Swarm Intelligence for Underwater Applications
- Intelligent Learning approaches for modeling of Internet of Underwater Things applications
- AI and Big data analytics for Internet of Underwater Things
- A Study of Intelligent Techniques for Control of Underwater Disasters
- Intelligent prediction models for the near-future Internet of Underwater Things
- AI Technology for Underwater Robots
- Intelligent Search and Optimization Methods in Underwater Applications
- Recent Advances in Intelligent Data Analytics and Internet of Underwater Things
- Privacy-Preserving and Security Approaches for Intelligent Data Analytics
- Intelligent Sensing, Data Interpretation, and Interpretation of Data from Multiple IoUT Sources
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
- Select "Intelligent Data Analytics for Internet of Underwater Things” when submitting your paper to ScholarOne
- Expected publication dates:
- Manuscript Submission Deadline Date: 30th November, 2020
- Authors Notification Date: 28th February, 2021
- Revised Papers Due Date: 30th March, 2021
- Final notification Date: 30th April, 2021
View the latest tweets from tandfSTEM