Make an Impact in Your Field
31 December 2020
Sports Biomechanics: Biomechanics of Swimming, Starting and Turning
- Swimming propulsion biomechanics
- Internal forces in swimming
- Drag determinant factors and measuring methods
- Trends for development of competitive swimming suits
- Biomechanical markers of swimming technical optimization
- Understanding starting techniques in swimming
- Understanding turning techniques in swimming
- Testing methods and advice
- Numerical models
- Comparative swimming biomechanics
- Artistic swimming, Water polo and Lifesaving swimming biomechanics
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
- Select "special issue – Biomechanics of swimming, starting and turning” when submitting your paper.
- These article types will be considered: Review (preferred), Original Research, Methods and Theoretical Perspectives.
- Word limit: 5000 for reviews and 3500 for others.
- Table and figure limit: 5 for reviews and 3 for others.
- Expected publication dates: mid 2021 to early 2022.
- Authors are encouraged to contact the editors (Dr J. Paulo Vilas-Boas, [email protected]; and Dr Ross Sanders, [email protected]) to enquire about the topic of the potential submission before preparation.