Add your Insight
01 July 2021
Advances in Additive Manufacturing
The capabilities of additive manufacturing (AM) continue to evolve rapidly, driven by both increasing industry demand and improved scientific understanding. In fact, the AM technology has evolved to the point where it is now considered as a nearly established advanced manufacturing process. This Focus Issue of the Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering aims to collect the latest developments and applications related to AM of various materials. Original research and review papers are welcome that address topics such as:
- Microstructures and properties of AM-fabricated materials
- Postprocessing of AM-fabricated materials
- AM of micro- or nano-architectured materials
- Innovative digital technologies for AM including digital twins
- Novel feedstock manufacturing processes for AM
- Modelling and simulation for AM
- Failure mechanisms and analysis of AM-fabricated materials
- New frontiers in AM
- Qualification of AM-fabricated materials and parts
- Characterization techniques
Looking to Publish your Research?
We aim to make publishing with Taylor & Francis a rewarding experience for all our authors. Please visit our Author Services website for more information and guidance, and do contact us if there is anything we can help with!
To ensure that all manuscripts are correctly identified for consideration for this Special Issue, it is important that authors select 'Special Issue: Advances in Additive Manufacturing’ when uploading the manuscript. Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with the journal’s instructions for authors link below. All submitted manuscripts will be subject to Journal’s single-anonymous review process.
Call opens: March 2021
Full paper submission deadline: July 1, 2021
Publication of the special issue: December 2021 (accepted articles will appear online ahead of publication)
Informal queries regarding this special issue can be directed to Professor Ma Qian, [email protected]. For more general queries about Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, please write to the Journal editors.
View the latest tweets from tandfSTEM