Submit a Manuscript to the Journal
Accounting History Review
For a Special Issue on
Accounting [in] History
14 January 2022
29 April 2022
Accounting [in] History
Accounting History Review Annual Conference
Edge Hill University Business School
22-23 June 2022
Announcement of Conference and Initial Call for Papers
We are delighted to announce the ‘Call for Papers’ for the 2022 Accounting History Review Conference to be held on 22-23 June 2022.
After the success of our 2019 conference at Edge Hill University, we were disappointed to cancel our proposed 2020 conference at Université Paris-Dauphine due to Covid-19 yet pleased with the success of our virtual conference in June 2021. We are moving forward with anticipation and our plans are advancing to return to Edge Hill University with an in-person event in June 2022. The conference will continue our exploration of accounting in history – the examination of multi-faceted social and institutional contexts through an accounting lens. To underscore our theme, we are pleased to announce that our keynote address will be delivered on 23 June 2022 by Professor Mary O’Sullivan, Department of History, Economics and Society, University of Geneva.
Theoretical, empirical and review papers are welcomed in all areas of accounting history. We encourage studies that move beyond disciplinary boundaries and engage with historians in other areas of the academy. The conference provides delegates with the opportunity of presenting and discussing, in an informal setting, papers ranging from early working drafts to fully developed manuscripts. The conference format will provide an extended time for presentation and discussion in order to help achieve worthwhile feedback from those attending.
As in the past, many manuscripts presented at our annual gathering have subsequently appeared in print in Accounting History Review (previously Accounting, Business and Financial History) or in another of the full range of international, refereed academic accounting, business and economic history journals.
The conference will be held at Edge Hill University Business School, St Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 4QP, UK from 11h00 on Wednesday, 22 June to 16h00 on Thursday, 23 June 2022.
- Those wishing to offer papers to be considered for presentation at the conference should send an extended abstract of their paper (not exceeding one page) by 14 January 2022 to:
- Cheryl S. McWatters, Editor, Accounting History Review
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Following the refereeing process, applicants will be advised of the conference organisers’ decision by 14 February 2022.
- Full papers will be required by 29 April 2022 to be included in the conference programme.
- Full conference and accommodation details will be forthcoming. In the interim, inquiries should be addressed to:
View the latest tweets from Routledge_Econ