Share a Special Issue Proposal
with The International Spectator
Deadline: 15 March 2020
Share your Special Issue Proposal
The International Spectator, established in 1965, is a peer-reviewed international affairs journal that aims to provide academics, practitioners, opinion- and decision-makers and interested laymen with thought-provoking and policy-oriented articles on all aspects of international politics, economics and security affairs.
The International Spectator currently encourages the submission of proposals for SPECIAL ISSUES, especially on (but not limited to) the following research and policy areas:
- Cybersecurity, disruptive digital technologies and IR
- Emerging alternatives to neoliberal economic thinking and the reconfiguration of economic policies
- The 10th anniversary of the Arab spring: mobilising in a violent environment
- Transatlantic relations in the (post-) post-hegemonic world order
All special issue proposals must address the relevant topic from a well-defined perspective. They must include a coherent set of articles that contribute to moving the understanding of the topic forward, in both a research and policy perspective.
The contributions must be authored by scholars from a number of different countries and institutions; multiple articles by the same author(s) or co-author(s) are not accepted.
More specifically, each proposal for a special issue should include:
- A title clearly stating the subject matter and the chosen approach
- The name, affiliation and short bio (100 words) of the guest editor(s)
- Rationale (500 words, outlining the scope and significance of the proposed topic and approach)
- A list of contributions (from 8 to 12) including, for each article (7000 to 8000 words in length), a short abstract (100 words) and the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s)
- The proposed timeline for the submission of the full set of papers to the journal editors
- Any further relevant information (multimedia, guest editorial, promotional opportunities, e.g. relevant conferences)
The editors and the editorial board of the journal will select the successful proposals based on their quality, originality and completeness.
Guest editors of successful proposals will be responsible for putting together and submitting to the journal editors all the articles within the agreed timeline.
Please note that the acceptance of a special issue does not entail acceptance of all individual contributions. Each article will go through a peer review process as do all individual submissions.
Proposals for special issues should be sent to [email protected] by March 15, 2020. Please do not hesitate to contact The International Spectator for any pre-submission inquiries.