Social Justice and Housing
Call for Papers
Deadline: 15 June 2019
The academic research journal of the Housing Education and Research Association, Housing and Society, announces a call for papers to appear in a special issue related to the theme, “Social Justice and Housing,” guest edited by Marilyn J Bruin, Professor, University of Minnesota.
The purpose of the special issue of Housing and Society is to examine the broad interrelated topics of social justice and housing. For example, research describing, measuring, and modeling the influence of socio-demographic characteristics such as age, disability, race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status and access to housing across the lifespan are appropriate. Articles on current research in housing disparities and discrimination, evaluation of supportive housing programs, theoretical applications, and the equitable development of housing and neighborhoods are welcome. Diverse and critical perspectives on concepts related to housing and social justice from disciplines such as economics, family studies, geography, gerontology, planning, public policy, and social work, and interdisciplinary projects are encouraged.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Housing as a human right
- Intersections between affordable housing and education, food security, health care, and employment
- Disparities in homeownership, access to financing, and wealth building
- Locational disparities
- Disparities between access to housing and housing stability for individuals with disabilities
- Disparities in sustainability and housing quality
- Causes and consequences of homelessness
- Theory development in social justice and applications in housing and neighborhood development
- Inclusionary planning
- Disparities in opportunities to access senior housing
- Assessments of programs and policies initiated to end disparities
How to submit your paper
Manuscript submission deadline: June 15, 2019
For questions about this special issue, please contact Marilyn Bruin, firstname.lastname@example.org
The journal uses Editorial Manager for submissions and reviews. Please review the journal's Instructions for Authors, before making a submission.
To submit your manuscript, visit the Editorial Manager site for Housing and Society, and click Author Login.
Please indicate that your manuscript is submitted for the special issue: Social Justice and Housing.
All submissions undergo the Housing and Society blind peer review process, based on initial editor screening and double-blind review by at least two referees.