An Open Access Journal
Social Influence is converting to Open Access from its 2021 volume.
Social Influence is a journal that provides an integrated focus for research into this important, dynamic, and multi-disciplinary field, and publishes experimental research investigating aspects of social influence. For the past decade, the journal has sought to create a platform for researchers to highlight their contributions about social influence.
The new editor-in-chief, Ilja van Beest, is strongly committed to transparency and advancing debate on novel research questions and forsees the journal thriving as an Open Access title with the benefits that increased readership and visibility will inevitably bring.
As part of this transition, all manuscripts received after 27th August 2020 will proceed through Social Influence's new Open Access submission portal. Authors who submit after this date will be required to pay an article publishing charge (APC) which can be covered by an author’s funder or institution.
Interested authors should visit the Routledge/Taylor & Francis Open Access Members and Open Access Agreements pages in case they are based at an institution that may have funds available to authors wishing to publish in Social Influence. Interested readers may also want to consider signing up to receive latest article alerts to the journal to keep up-to-date with the latest research.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and hope you join us to embrace Social Influence's Open Access future.
More about the journal
Social Influence provides an integrated focus for research into this important, dynamic, and multi-disciplinary field.
Topics covered include:
- conformity and norms;
- persuasion and power;
- advertising and mass media effects;
- and much more.
This journal is of interest to social psychologists, political psychologists, consumer psychologists, organizational psychologists, sociologists, communication researchers, and anyone interested in any aspect of social influence.
Why publish open access?
- Increase the visibility and readership of your research by publishing in a fully open access journal.
- Make an impact beyond the academy by making your article accessible to anyone, anywhere (including readers in industry and even policy-makers).
- Benefit from format-free submission, saving you more time for your research.
- Freely share your work with no restrictions or paywall.
- Retain ownership of your research through our unrestrictive publishing agreements.
- Discounts and waivers for researchers in developing countries are available. The journal will also consider requests for discretionary APC waivers. Find out if your institution or country has an open access agreement to publish with us.
Ready to publish your manuscript?
Read some recent research from the journal.
|Meta-cognition and resistance to political persuasion: evidence from a three-wave panel study||Joseph A. Vitriol, Howard G. Lavine, & Eugene Borgida|
|Ethical defaults: which transparency components can increase the effectiveness of default nudges?||Yavor Paunov, Michaela Wänke, & Tobias Vogel|
|A second look at partisanship’s effect on receptivity to social pressure to vote||Richard E. Matland & Gregg R. Murray|
|Political identity, preference, and persuasion||Claire Heeryung Kim, DaHee Han, Adam Duhachek, & Zakary L. Tormala|
|When do we see that others misrepresent how they feel? detecting deception from emotional faces with direct and indirect measures||Mariëlle Stel & Eric van Dijk|